Promega GloMax®Multi+ Detection System Enables Multiplexing, Quality Data &...
Promega GloMax®Multi+ Detection System Enables Multiplexing, Quality Data & Increased Productivity
MADISON, WISCONSIN (May 21, 2009)
The just released Promega GloMax®-Multi+ Detection System provides cross functionality with its ability to work in fluorescence, luminescence and absorbance read modes. With the GloMax-Multi+, scientists can easily multiplex their experiments and read luminescent and fluorescent cell-based assay data from the same microplate well. The benefits to scientists, in addition to multiplexing, include quality data and increased productivity, all in less time.
The GloMax-Multi+ provides scientists with many benefits including:
- Ability to multiplex. Measure luminescent and fluorescent chemistries from a single sample well to determine markers of cell viability, cytotoxicity and apoptosis, and reporter gene analysis.
- Flexibility to work with multiple technologies. Read fluorescence intensity, luminescence and UV-visible Absorbance. The modular detection design allows a scientist to expand into these new applications as needed.
- Collection of quality data. Dedicated optical channels ensure read sensitivity and dynamic range are both equivalent to the highest performing single-mode instruments available today.
- Option to work in varied well configurations from 6- to 384. Plate reading capabilities function at a variety of throughput levels including 6, 12, 24, 48, 96 and 384-well plates.
- Ease of protocol set-up. The integrated drag-and-drop Protocol Composer with LCD color touch screen display enables easy protocol development. The instrument also comes with pre-installed Promega protocols; the addition of an optional injection system enables use with the Dual-Luciferase® Reporter (DLR™) Assay System.
The GloMax-Multi+ also includes a built-in shaker that enables both linear and orbital mixing. Scientists have the option to include a heater for precise temperature control from 2°C above ambient temperature to 45°C.
The GloMax-Multi+ joins a suite of 3 existing GloMax models that have unsurpassed performance for luminescence applications.
Promega Corporation is a leader in providing innovative solutions and technical support to the life sciences industry. The company's 2,000
products enable scientists worldwide to advance their knowledge in genomics, proteomics, cellular analysis, molecular diagnostics and human
identification. Founded in 1978, the company is headquartered in Madison, WI, USA with branches in 15 countries and over 50 global
distributors. For more information about Promega, visit www.promega.com.
These pages contain communications on Promega product releases and corporate activities. For additional new product information, see the
new products page or the specific product or application area.
For more information about a new release article or about Promega in general, contact Penny Patterson at 1-608-274-4330 or complete this